Microbiologist Quality Control (Night Shift)
Therapure Biopharma Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on complex biological therapeutics and technologies. It is comprised of three divisions: Therapure Biomanufacturing which provides contract development and manufacturing (CDMO) services to global clients; Therapure Innovations, focused on research and development of proprietary therapeutics and platform technologies in the areas of anaemia, liver disease and organ preservation; and Therapure Biologics dedicated to the development of plasma protein therapeutics through an innovative proprietary manufacturing technology.
We are growing! In fact, from 2014 to 2017, we were recognized by Profit 500 as one of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies.
Specific responsibility for the QC Microbiologist is to test raw materials, in-process materials and final product for microbial assessment according to cGMP and company specifications.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or Microbiology college diploma/certification or related scientific discipline
- Basic understanding of microbiology test methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of GMP, compendial test requirements, US and Europe Pharmacopea an asset
- Basic understanding of data analysis, statistics and report preparation with knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Here is what you will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Pick-up, log-in and distribute test samples.
- Prepare reagents, standards, controls and samples for analysis.
- Follow established procedures for the receipt, use and discarding of inventory.
- Perform microbial tests including Liquid Particulates, LAL, Bioburden, Sterility and Microbial Identification.
- Perform Environmental Monitoring as required.
- Perform daily water sampling of the manufacturing water systems as required. This could involve heights over 3 metres.
- Collect, analyse, interpret and report data.
- Review data as required.
- Assist in providing data for the preparation of quarterly trending reports.
- Participate in scheduled cleaning and other laboratory housekeeping duties as required.
- Employ good documentation practices when generating raw data, reports, SOPs and other documentation.
- Aid Supervisor/Manager with laboratory investigations or any other deviation reports.
- Execute validation and/or experimental protocols for laboratory equipment and test methods as required.
- Report to supervisor/manager any deviations from company procedures, or other discrepancies that may affect product quality or cGMP status according to established procedures.
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference Quality Control Microbiologist (NIGHT SHIFT) in the subject line. While we appreciate all interest in this opportunity, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Therapure Biopharma Inc. will not be responsible for any agency referral fees arising from the use of resumes that currently exist in the recruitment database or have been forwarded to Therapure Biopharma directly or indirectly without an authorized agreement. Agency referrals will not be accepted unless approved by the Therapure Biopharma Inc. Human Resources team.
NOTE:All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including pre-employment medical (where applicable), educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
Therapure is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known. Please notify Human Resources at HR@therapurebio.com for assistance.