Maintenance And Filling Technician Weekend Shift (F/S/S/M) Facilities
Therapure Biopharma Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on complex biological therapeutics and technologies. It is comprised of three divisions: Therapure Biomanufacturing which provides contract development and manufacturing (CDMO) services to global clients; Therapure Innovations, focused on research and development of proprietary therapeutics and platform technologies in the areas of anaemia, liver disease and organ preservation; and Therapure Biologics dedicated to the development of plasma protein therapeutics through an innovative proprietary manufacturing technology.
We are growing! In fact, from 2014 to 2016, we were recognized by Profit 500 as one of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies.
Under minimal supervision, this position will perform varied and complex fabrication, installation, operation, maintenance, calibration, and monitoring, of plant, laboratory, and production equipment, and controls relating to the operation of systems and equipment utilized in a cGMP facility.
Here is what we are looking for:
- High School plus some formal technical education and trade Certificate of Qualification or Technologist Diploma at community college level
- 3-5 years related experience in process equipment and building services
- Good organization and communication skills
- Ability to read architectural, mechanical and electrical drawings, and P&ID’s
- Good computer skills
- Experience with filling and packaging equipment would be a definite asset
- Experience in a cGMP environment is an asset
- Positive and flexible frame of mind to react to demanding situations
Here is what you will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Inspect, test, evaluate, and maintain the operation of critical equipment and systems in order to provide a safe and reliable facility infrastructure.
- Monitor and respond to system failures, alarms and abnormal site conditions by taking appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to troubleshoot using a variety of diagnostic tools and standard equipment to isolate malfunctions and effect appropriate corrective actions without detailed instruction.
- Utilize test and safety equipment as required to perform assigned tasks efficiently and safely.
- Perform various preventive, corrective maintenance tasks, optimize and set-up, on a wide variety of GMP and non-GMP production and facilities equipment such as, clean in place, purified water, water for injection, clean steam, waste neutralization, LN and mechanical refrigeration, boilers, compressed air, HVAC, pump, process tank systems, and measuring (indicating and recording) and test equipment, autoclave, lyophilizing, depyrogenation oven, parts washing, isolator, walk-in cooler, chromatography, and filling and capping equipment.
- Use established internal procedures as well as industry standards, manufacturer procedures, etc. for the proper inspection, diagnosis and troubleshooting of measuring and test equipment.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area and perform all work in accordance with SOP’s, and GMP and Environmental, Health and Safety guidelines and local codes.
- Must be able to work long periods under strict and controlled conditions in a sterile filling environment.
- Responsible for daily operational checks which may include maintaining, repairing, lubricating, inspecting, cleaning and testing of equipment.
- Legibly document work performed accurately and in detail on work order reports.
- Complete required documentation to certify the verification and proper functioning of measurement and test equipment.
- Determine impact of required work, communicates, performs, coordinates, and/or supervises major repairs with other facilities staff/contractor and users to minimize service interruptions
- Inspects adherence to requirements and the quality of work of third party repairs and or rebuilds.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include shift work and weekends to support operating schedules, facility requirements, or respond to call-in emergency situations.
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Maintenance & Filling Technician-Weekend Shift in the subject line. While we appreciate all interest in this opportunity, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Therapure Biopharma Inc. will not be responsible for any agency referral fees arising from the use of resumes that currently exist in the recruitment database or have been forwarded to Therapure Biopharma directly or indirectly without an authorized agreement. Agency referrals will not be accepted unless approved by the Therapure Biopharma Inc. Human Resources team.
NOTE:All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including pre-employment medical (where applicable), educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
Therapure is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known. Please notify Human Resources at HR@therapurebio.com for assistance.