Business Development Manager (US – West Coast)
Therapure Biopharma Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on complex biological therapeutics and technologies. It is comprised of three divisions: Therapure Biomanufacturing which provides contract development and manufacturing (CDMO) services to global clients; Therapure Innovations, focused on research and development of proprietary therapeutics and platform technologies in the areas of anaemia, liver disease and organ preservation; and Therapure Biologics dedicated to the development of plasma protein therapeutics through an innovative proprietary manufacturing technology.
The Business Development Manager (based in the US West Coast) will focus on building Therapure’s client roster with targeted opportunities that fit with Therapure’s capabilities. The BD Manager will sell Therapure’s protein development, manufacturing, purification, aseptic fill / finishing and lyophilization capabilities to clients ranging from early stage Biotech to established pharmaceutical companies.
Here is what we are looking for:
- University honors degree
- 5 years related business experience
- Must have direct business development / business to business selling experience
- Prior CMO / vendor experience in biologics space is highly desirable.
- Existing relationships with prospective clients (i.e. comes with book of sales leads)
- Proven track record in pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical corporate sales and/or contracts
- Experienced in the development and management of sales and marketing proposals
- Skilled in the negotiation and management of contracts
- Experience dealing with senior level management
- Ability to develop sales strategies and manage targets
Here is what you will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Identify prospective clients who require Therapure’s services with a primary focus on US based companies although other opportunities outside of the territory may arise
- Analyze prospective clients including strategic/capability fit of project and financial due diligence
- Solicit enough information from the prospective client to develop project summary.
- Work with technical team to develop a service quote
- Support/lead negotiations with prospective client
- Manage business relationship with existing clients to build repeat business
- Manage timelines and resources to ensure proposals are issued on time
- Manage and participate in trade shows and relevant conferences
- Other duties as assigned
- Expected travel is >25% / month
- Lead / manage marketing projects as required
- Provide insight into the development / addition of new capabilities which Therapure should consider
- Participate in weekly BD update meetings
- Enter client interactions into CRM tool
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Business Development Manager (US-West Coast) in the subject line. While we appreciate all interest in this opportunity, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Therapure Biopharma Inc. will not be responsible for any agency referral fees arising from the use of resumes that currently exist in the recruitment database or have been forwarded to Therapure Biopharma directly or indirectly without an authorized agreement. Agency referrals will not be accepted unless approved by the Therapure Biopharma Inc. Human Resources team.
NOTE:All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including pre-employment medical (where applicable), educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
Therapure is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known. Please notify Human Resources at HR@therapurebio.com for assistance.