Cell line Development
Passion for your process, product and patients
A stable, high-titer and well-characterized mammalian or microbial cell line is an essential cornerstone for producing your biotherapeutic.
Our cell and molecular biology scientists are experts in cell line development, including vector design and construction, host cell transfection and the selection and characterization of stable transfectants. We’re passionate about delivering the best possible client experience and the most efficient path to commercialization, starting with a stable and well-characterized cell line.
We understand the importance of high growth rates and the productivity/titer of cell lines for biomanufacturing and consider these throughout the cell line development process, which includes the following steps:
- Analysis and verification of DNA sequences
- Construction of expression vectors (including site-directed mutagenesis)
- Transfection of host cells (both stable and transient) using non-viral methods
- Generation and selection of mammalian cell lines (including CHO, HEK-293)
- Gene amplification for increased productivity
- Subcloning and characterization of cell lines
- Generation of research cell banks and working cell banks as well as coordination of master cell bank creation and testing with approved third party vendor
- Storage of master cell banks under cGMP